Blog
Alright.
Let me first say this, I do think that one day I want to get married and have children, ( I go back and forth about childbirth, its terrifying ) but the fact that I currently have neither and don't plan on having either for a long time is fine.
My generation is OBSESSED with posting their marriage, babies, ect. on social media and so it paints this beautiful picture of an ideal image of it all. When in reality that's not the case, people don't post when they are fighting or are struggling to raise their child because neither person was ready to take on that kind of responsibility.
With that being said, I talk to many of my friends who like myself don't have all these things and feel that they haven't "got it together" or "are still irresponsible" or "not really an adult". Well FUCK THAT.
Just because someone else is living "the ideal life of someone in their 20's" ( college graduated, married, buying a house) doesn't mean that you aren't doing well too! Being a 20-something is hard, Adulting is hard, LIFE is hard and everyone has a different race to run.
My friend Cierra sent me this link that had all these different milestones that were not getting married or having children in it and it tells you to check each one. I was able to knock off quite a few and Cierra goes " I only checked 7" but that's the thing! Thats CIERRA's 7 milestones and she should be damn proud of them.
So the next time you are scrolling on Facebook or creeping your ex that has gotten a new gf/bf and is living the "dream", just remember milestones are personal and you still have a lot of time to make yourself be who/what you want to be.
Aggressively blocking all the gender reveals,
How to not drown in the sea of engagement/baby announcements on your feed. - Personal Milestones
Sunday, September 4, 2016
Alright.
Let me first say this, I do think that one day I want to get married and have children, ( I go back and forth about childbirth, its terrifying ) but the fact that I currently have neither and don't plan on having either for a long time is fine.
My generation is OBSESSED with posting their marriage, babies, ect. on social media and so it paints this beautiful picture of an ideal image of it all. When in reality that's not the case, people don't post when they are fighting or are struggling to raise their child because neither person was ready to take on that kind of responsibility.
With that being said, I talk to many of my friends who like myself don't have all these things and feel that they haven't "got it together" or "are still irresponsible" or "not really an adult". Well FUCK THAT.
Just because someone else is living "the ideal life of someone in their 20's" ( college graduated, married, buying a house) doesn't mean that you aren't doing well too! Being a 20-something is hard, Adulting is hard, LIFE is hard and everyone has a different race to run.
My friend Cierra sent me this link that had all these different milestones that were not getting married or having children in it and it tells you to check each one. I was able to knock off quite a few and Cierra goes " I only checked 7" but that's the thing! Thats CIERRA's 7 milestones and she should be damn proud of them.
So the next time you are scrolling on Facebook or creeping your ex that has gotten a new gf/bf and is living the "dream", just remember milestones are personal and you still have a lot of time to make yourself be who/what you want to be.
Aggressively blocking all the gender reveals,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment