How to unplug without anyone thinking you are dead

Tuesday, July 26, 2016



I don't know about you but sometimes I can feel so overwhelmed with work, school, friends, social media and just LIFE IN GENERAL. But especially so because my job requires me to be "On" almost 24/7. 

So how do I "unplug" without my family and friends thinking someone kidnapped me and scattered my remains down 75N?
It only takes 3 steps my friend.

1. Close out all your social media apps- For me this is the most important step. From the moment I open my eyes in the morning until I lay my head down at night I am constantly on social media. It's my profession but it can be very consuming and can be obsessive because you don't want to miss anything. The thing I had to realize was that even though I didn't post to my followers that I ate a burrito it still happened.

2.  Treat Yo Self- Now I'm not telling you to go out and buy a designer handbag or splurge on that snail facial you really wanted ( but if you can then more power to you... also I hate you). Do something you really enjoy doing, whether that be go and take your dog for a walk, take a nap, read your favorite magazine. ANYTHING GOES

3. Set Boundaries for yourself-  I know I said that #1 was the most important but this tip is A MAJOR KEY. Since I started consulting I  set up times for myself to be able to communicate with my clients, friends, the general public and time for me to "unplug". In example, I found myself being so burnt out when I first got out of college because I didn't set any boundaries and just WORKED WORKED WORKED 24/7. Now I keep normal business hours during which I work and communicate with clients, and after that I just focus on ME.  

That's where steps 1 & 2 come in and you are good to go!! Now I'm not that crazy girl twhodoesn't answer calls or texts if there is an emergency but its so important to do this every so often since society is so social media and instant gratification oriented. 


So there you have it. 3 steps to unplugging and keeping your sanity. 

TTYL,
Arielle 

No comments:

Post a Comment